Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Titanic wreck could've been avoided....

I've been doing a bit of research on it lately, and I think Titanic would've survived if it just went head on into the iceberg. This probably would've been better for it because of the fact that it would only flood one or two of the compartments in the hull, in the very front of the ship. In order to stay floating above the surface, no more than four compartments could be flooded. Five compartments were flooded when they went to the side of the berg in an attempt to avoid a collision. When they went to the side, the the iceberg kept punching holes and scraping the side of the hull as they went along. That's more area that the chunk of ice gets to, and thus more compartments are flooded. And then it obviously sank as a result.

Last Wednesday night I felt like watching a movie, so I popped in a Titanic DVD and stayed up until 4:30 watching it. Good movie; the Titanic disaster has always intrigued me.

I'm gonna go to bed now.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Last Wednesday night I felt like watching a movie, so I popped in a Titanic DVD and stayed up until 4:30 watching it.

I know you did; you kept me awake all night! Punk.

;-)

The Warrior said...

Greetings from Cali Matt! :-D

Do me a favor please, check out my latest blog post and vote for Matt Chancey for Man of the Year. Spread the word; we need him to win!!! And if there's ever anything I can do for you...lemme know, bud! :-)

Spencer